inner image

For immigrants

The Municipality of Heraklion offers services to foreigners that chose to live permanently, work or study in our town. It provides information on marriage procedures, birth certificates and on Citizen Centres that can provide you with any other relevant information on municipal services and document issuance that are not covered in this section.


Civil marriages 

The civil marriage ceremony is held every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 at the "Eleftherios Venizelos' room of the Heraklion City Hall (1st floor).

Please get information on the supporting documents you need from the list below, fill in the electronic forms and submit them to our service with your ID.



Citizen's Service Centres (K.E.P.) 

In the Citizen''s Service Centres (KEP), the citizen can be informed of all matters covering Public Administration and apply to obtain official documentation from diverse State Departments. Thus he avoids time-consuming bureaucratic processes and limits his movements to one only point; a ‘one-stop shop''.



Municipal Registry 

For birth certificates please contact our registry:

Address: Daskalogianni square

Tel: 2813-409303, 409327, 409350

Fax: 2810-280731


Cookies Policy

Site uses cookies. By going to the content, you consent to their acceptance. Cookies Policy