DOCUMENTS FOR FOREIGNERS RESIDING PERMANENTLY IN GREECE:
a) A certificate from the Consulate in Greece that are not marriage impediment certified by the Ministry. Foreign (outside the Member States of the Council of Europe Convention "abolishment of ratification drawn by diplomatic and consular Agents) and translated into Greek.
b) birth certificate translated in Greek with APOSTILLE. If not admitted to endorse the document of the Hague Convention requires the Greek Embassy in his country
c) Post for a day wedding announcement in a daily local newspaper PATRIS or NEA KRHTH
d) residence permit.
e) Fee stamp (GREEN COLOR) 15 €, from the Tax Office (in real value 18 €)
NOTE: The names in the application and in the newspaper will be with Greek letters.
• Foreigners in order to get permission for a civil marriage should be hold a residence permit (Article 31, paragraph 2 of L1975 / 1991).
FOR FOREIGNERS NOT RESIDING PERMANENTLY IN GREECE IS REQUIRED:
a) marriage license from his country translated into Greek. If the country of origin of the foreign national is a party to the Hague Convention are required to affix the label APOSTILLE. If it has not acceded to the Hague Convention requires consideration of the document from the Greek Embassy in his country and then translated.
b) birth certificate translated into Greek by the application of label APOSTILLE if the country of origin of the foreigner has acceded to the Hague Convention. If it has not acceded to the Hague Convention requires in principle endorse the document from the Greek Embassy in his country and then translated.
c) a residence permit or VISA (whose validity period has not expired).
THE TRANSLATION OF DOCUMENTS MUST BE DONE BY:
Foreign public documents translated-validated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs which bear the apostille stamp APOSTILLE, if from the beginning the country contracted to the Hague Convention, which was ratified by Law. 1497/1984 (GG 188 A) in any other case not they carry a visa from the Greek consular authority of the country of origin of the document or consular post of that country in Greece
• For the Syrians need special approval from the Ministry of Interior of Syria and the Syrian Embassy in Greece, otherwise the marriage is not considered valid.
• For Russian citizens need a) consular certificate - affidavit that no marriage impediment certified by the Ministry. Foreign
• Validation of foreign public documents from Ethiopia, Algeria, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Kenya, Democratic Dimoktatia of Congo, Libya, Morocco, Sudan, the Philippines, Afghanistan, Ghana, Eritrea, Mali, Bangladesh, Senegal, Sri Lanka made only by missions Consular Authorities of Greece located in the country
• Validation Public documents from Pakistan and Nigeria will be made only by the Greek Embassies Islamabad and Abuja respectively.
The fee for the civil marriage according to No. 906/2007 City Council decision are:
100 Euros, for weddings committed Tuesday or Thursday morning at 12:00
150 Euros for weddings committed every Wednesday or Friday afternoon (from 18:00 onwards)
The commission is in the Municipal Council Hall (Eleftherios Venizelos) where may be present and photographer of their choice.
• During the marriage, each person about to be married should be accompanied by a witness who must be adult. The witness may be a relative, and even first grade. Witnesses must necessarily keep their identity or passport if foreigners.