Organisation of Heraklion's Municipality
Departments are responsible for delivering a wide range of services provided by the Municipality of Heraklion such us Housing, Cleansing, Planning and Social Services. In addition several of the City of Heraklion''s departments; Museums, Culture and Education for example, reflect a diverse range of other responsibilities. In order to effectively deliver its services the Municipality of Heraklion employs 751 workers. Depending on the staffing needs of each department, it employs both permanent and temporary staff in various capacities.
a. Coordinator of Services
b. Special Municipal Services consisting of two departments
c. Special Services consisting of one department
d. Ten Divisions consisting of forty four departments.
- Town Hall (Lotzia) in Saint Titos Street
- Municipal Building in Androgeo Street
- Municipal Building in Daskalogianni Square
- Municipal Building in Aktarika
- Municipal Slaughterhouses
- Two Municipal Cemeteries
- Municipal Building of Mandra near the Airport
- Municipal Offices in Minoos Street
- Municipal Offices in Bedevi Workers'' Residences
- Buildings that accommodate the Seven Centres for Senior Citizens